Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Pink Eye

I'm going to end up with two posts today, so this'll be numero uno.

For the first time in 31 years, I have pink eye. I have no idea how it came about, I just woke up yesterday with my eye all crusted shut, and there you go. I went to the doctor and got on antibiotics so it should be cleared up in a few days. This is a first and if not last, hopefully not for many years to come will I have another bout with this stuff.

I remember when I was a little kid in elementary school and the random kid would get sent home with pink eye. I remember thinking to myself, "Wait, you mean I can get sent home from school and not have to come back for several days and all I have to deal with is a red eye? Yes, sign me up. This is what I want. Give me some pink eye. Where is my pink eye?" My feable little mind could not have fathomed even the slightest idea of how much this stuff sucks. Just the agonizing itching would have reeled me into a little ball of raging fury. Not to mention the constant disgusting drainage that comes off it. This stuff is like some type of medievel plague.

Hmmm... seems as though most of my blog is about my various recent ailments. I should've called it Down With The Sickness.

-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter