Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Drifter can you make folks cry when you play and sing?...

I was thinking about my dreams of being a successful singer/guitar player in Nashville, Tn.. For some reason I've always felt like I was destined for something more than ordinary life. As I get older the reality that I'm now officially over thirty and things have not happened for me yet is becoming more and more clear, but my heart refuses to let go. I also tell myself that I have not fully given it my all. I guess alot of it is to do with my own laziness and fear of stepping off a ledge and taking chances.

I put alot of eggs into different baskets, probably way too many. I've even been working on writing a screen play for an independent film and I have some local film makers who retired from working with Paramount pictures and for some reason moved here interested in helping me with it. Now it's up to me to get this done. That's my problem. I get a ton of people interested in what I'm doing then I never follow through. You'd think after thirty-one years I'd be a bit more on the ball. To make matters worse, I know that I have this problem. So fix it you say, well I tell myself this all the time.

I have told myself that this time, this one dang time, I'm gonna follow through with this huge project I've sold everyone on. This time come hell or high water I'm gonna finish what I started. So now it's time to well, a fitting phrase would be "gitter done". I'll do this movie and see what happens from there. Then when I'm finished maybe I'll just say what the heck, it's time to go to Nashville, who knows?

I suppose the difference between people who sit around and day dream and the people who actually live their dreams is that they had the guts to take care of business. Who knows what lays ahead for me, but I do know what I want and my friends, it is not this life I'm living.

I have been given the ability for some reason or other, to be able to talk to people in a manner that they believe in what I'm saying. I have had people believe in the music I play and now I've managed to get people including some film producers to believe that my idea has what it takes to be a marketable film. Now I've got to go, or get off the pot.

I wrote this basically for whomever might read it and happen to be alot like me. If you fall into this category, listen up. It's time we the lazy dreamers got up and took command of our lives. We need no more to stand in the background of life, but move ahead. Every day we spend sifting through our mind's eye is a day we could be putting these dreams into reality. For our day is not yesterday, or tomorrow, it is today. Be not bound by what society tells you that you are unable to do, but break free from the mold, stand up and be heard. And for those wishing to join my cult movement please send $100.00 and a color photogragh to my friend Ryan cause I owe him some money. HA-HA!!

By the way, I ripped my title for this from David Allan Coe's The Ride for those who didn't know.

-S

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. We went to Cody's. We had grouper. Life ain't bad at all =)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. We went to Cody's. We had grouper. Life ain't bad at all =)

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah even I tarded up with the "Duplicate Comments" thing. This site acts all damn screwy sometimes.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a very good friend who went to Florida State and majored in interior design. She couldn't be happier and it's a great business to be in.
My advice is to go for it, then come down here and fix 'ol Scott's house up. He needs it =)

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter