Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Monday, June 27, 2005

Something, something, something...anyhow.

I have so much crap to take care of lately. It seems as though my mind is never free to think about good things anymore. I had to work forced over time today, well yesterday now. I hate when that happens because I'm totally not prepared for it. Not to mention yesterday was my Monday and I never get adequate sleep the day before due to all the things I'm trying to catch up on my days off. Anyhow, so some poor inmate takes a tumble down the stairs in the jail and they tell me I'm going out in the ambulance with him. I was okay with that till they said they were going to Bay Flight the inmate to Tampa General Hospital. I then informed the Chief of Security that I would under no circumstances be getting in a helicopter. He is a really cool guy and found that to be pretty funny so they got someone else to go. I have never flown in my life, ever. I'm deathly affraid of heights. My father was never really good with high places, but I think I may have it worse than him. In his lifetime he had flown quite a bit. I know there will come a day when I have to fly, but when it happens I'm gonna need valium or something.

I've got to make another trip to Abbeville in two weeks. My sister found a sweet older couple that are friends of hers that want my Dad's Chihuahua "Katie" . They are extremely excited to get her and this is exactly what I've been looking for. I have kept this little dog since my dad passed away because I couldn't give her away to just anyone. Dad loved that little dog so much I just had to make sure that the right people got her and I think I've finally found them. My sister spoke very highly of the people so I feel like she will be in good hands. As much as that little dog gets on my nerves I think I'm probably going to get teary eyed when I give her away because everytime I hold this little dog I think of Dad and I will finally be letting go of that. It's probably going to be a bit tough on me. I just don't have the time to give the dog the attention she needs and deserves. I have Steve and he is about all I can really handle. Even though Chihuahuas are little they need lots of attention. I think Dad would've been proud to know that I looked after his little dog and made sure she got a loving home. I have peace of mind in knowing that no matter what I've done with my life I was a devoted son to my father, even after his death.

-S

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome man, glad you found a place for her.

You and I will have to fly somewhere sometime - maybe out to Vegas.

Plus if we ever DO make that flight to Scotland, that's your only real choice =)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Yes and of course with my luck there'd be something on the wing of the plane!!!

-S

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like, Richard Simmons or some shit?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

No, I was thinking more like John Lithgow.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Adder said...

Great, now I'M scared of flying. brrrr...richard simmons or john lithgow....wasnt he one of the Die Hard villians?

anyhow Scott, im usually not a big fan of heights myself, like if im on the outside balcony of the 13th floor of a hotel and i get close to the rail i get really uncomfortable. I dont mind flying too much though, and i would LOVE to take a helicopter ride. Remember A-team...barakus HATED flying and they used to always have to sedate him before going on missions...quick Ryan get the tranqs.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Yay, I'm so excited, I found someone from South Carolina who's actually posted recently!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Yeah, I'll probably be in Abbeville toward the middle or end of the month.

-S

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter