Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, July 02, 2005

My Faith Has Returned...



I am very excited about the upcoming August release of Faith Hill's new CD Fireflies. From the first time that I heard the first single Mississippi Girl I was ready to buy the CD.

Anyone who has been a fan of Faith Hill will know that she had made somewhat of a cross-over into a more pop genre. With the release of "Mississippi Girl" it is plain to see that Faith has returned to her country roots. Being a person who dreams of one day making it to the big time, the first verse of the song gave me a very excited feeling.

Well it's a long way from Star Mississippi. To this big stage I'm singing on tonight. And sometimes the butterflies still get me. When I'm in the spotlight...

I must admit that when Faith Hill's very first single, a remake of Janis Joplin's "Piece Of My Heart" was released I wasn't overly impressed. I just looked at her as another pretty face and I liked the original version of that song better. It wasn't until after the release of her second CD that I saw her in concert when she opened for Tim McGraw and realized how vocally talented she was. Now years later I am still a fan. Although I didn't like the pop stuff she did as much I still continued to buy her CD's because if you're truley a fan of someone you'll continue to support their work regardless of whether or not it is your cup of tea. When Fireflies is released, I will be at the store buying a copy and now more excited about a new Faith Hill CD than I have been in awhile.

-S

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

I will drive to Kentucky and put a flaming bag of poop on your door step.

Nah, I'm teasing. If everyone had the same taste in music what fun would that be? :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Adder said...

Shes yummy

I used to date a chick who looked like her with dark hair....man i miss that girl.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter