Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, August 28, 2005

What I'm Doing Now...

I'm sitting here in deep thought again. Like life is just running through my head. I'm thirty-two now. I'm at a transitional phase. I've switched from smoking to dipping. An even more disgusting habit I know, but I tried to just up and quit tobacco all together, but my will power wasn't strong enough. I'm getting my lungs cleared for physical agility tests I have to take in the next couple months. Hopefully during that time I can phase tobacco completely out of my life. My friend Jackie and I are going fishing in the morning. Then we are starting in the weight room at least three mornings a week. I'm working on getting my upper body strength back to what it used to be before I decided to be a loafer. This police job is very important to me so I need to make the best impression possible.

Joe called a couple hours ago. He is settling well in Tennessee.

I got a super nice saddle from my brother-in-law I still haven't paid him for it yet, but he only used it three times and he's giving it too me for about a quarter of what it is actually worth. So, I'm on my way towards getting another horse. I'm really excited about that. It's been awhile since I've had my own horse. I sort of had a horse when I was living in South Carolina, but she was actually my brother-in-law's and I gave her back to him when I moved.

I'm keeping my spirits up with the intent of getting my mind focused on exactly one thing. Spending my next thirty-two years enjoying being alive. I read Alice_The_Raven's weblog frequently and I am so envious of all the cool things she does. It's time I started making the most of my abilities instead of hanging out here all the time yelling, "Will you two stupid dogs lay down?"

Well, I'll leave the rest for another day.


-S

3 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

One step at a time, you can do it!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks! :)

Seize the day!

You're getting a horse? Way cool. I love to ride. The saddle...Western or English? I would guess Western.

Good luck on physical. Keep stretching and stay limber.

Alice :)

2:07 AM  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Yeah, western. It's actually a roping saddle.

-S

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter