Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Friday, September 02, 2005

Blow, blow Seminole Wind...



Here are a few pictures I found of the results of hurricane Katrina. I picked three that I thought were a bit typical and of course the bottom one being a bit ironic.

Everytime you see hurricane footage there are always the select few who will be seen just standing around in the chaos, and of course there will always, always be a guy pulling his pants down. The info caption under the first picture said the guy was heading to shelter. The caption for the guy pulling his pants down just said something about him mooning the hurricane. My assumption is that he was probably going on a beer run. The bottom picture I just thought was ironic and you don't have to look too hard to see why.

Anyway, I will be so glad when I get moved away from the coastal area. We didn't get hit with this one, but we are still dealing with the affects of it. There is apparently little to no gas available down here until they can get trucks here. They speculate that will be Tuesday and gas is going up to $4.00 a gallon. I filled my truck up this morning and gas was almost $3.00 a gallon. This totally sucks mule ass because my job is twenty-eight miles away.

Anyway, my deepest sympathies to the New Orleans area as we sit and wait for one to hit us. I gotta get the hell out of Dodge.

-S

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, there is no where safe. If it's not hurricanes, it's tornadoes or floods, or swarms of insects.

I, sarcastically speaking, don't think we the people should deprive those poor poor oil executives of their millions. How selfish of us working class stiffs. What would oil exec do without his private jet or yacht?

:D Alice

2:01 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

We just keep getting gas at the inflated prices, feeding the cycle, but what choice do we have?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

My husband and I are going to West Palm Beach next weekend to visit his parents. I told my husband, when I purchased the plane tickets, that they were non-refundable and if a hurricane decided to visit grandma at the same time we would be out of luck. I'm watching the weather channel. Glad I don't live in Florida, but I suppose Texas isn't much better.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter