Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

We lost the gator...

Last night Jackie and I were fishing at Duval Island in Floral City. She hooked a small alligator about three and a half to four feet long. We had it reeled in and well, for those of you who know me well you know some of the insane crap I tend to do when it comes to snatching ahold of local wildlife. The gator was actually pretty calm about getting pulled around. I was highly considering going over the wall and grabbing it from the water. Jackie suggested I get the scoop net and try to get it with that. I got the net and then I just kind of got spastic and swung the net wildly. I completely missed the gator and the swinging of the net spooked it. It popped the line and swam with great speed to the other side of the bank. We couldn't get it anywhere close after that.

We couldn't catch anything worth a crap most of the night, but when we switched over to trying to catch an alligator Jackie hooked a huge catfish, but it broke her line too.

Oh, just FYI: I had no intention of harming the alligator. I just wanted to get a few pictures with it in the back of my truck etc., then release it. "Yeah this bloke's a beauty. Oh, he's trying to have a go at me. You're naughty little guy. You're alright little one."

Join us again next week where we'll learn more about wild creatures by pissing them off immensely.
Alligator Hunter over and out.

-S

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey mate, that is so cool. I have never seen an alligator up close.

That's an awesome story.

Aye, ain't thet croc a bute, mate?

Alice

2:00 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

At least you've got the accent down!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter