Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Catfishing last night...

Fishing last night was cool but Jackie and I didn't catch a thing. It was pretty windy and for awhile I was actually getting a bit cold. Gator hunting season started September first and there were a couple guys zooming around the lake hunting. I heard them pop one so I walked over and talked to them when they pulled their boat up at the dock. They didn't have much luck either. They just had a small five footer in the boat. The fellas were both real nice though and I almost felt like asking them if I could go out with them sometime, but I'm just not that rude. I want a gator permit so bad I can't stand it. Florida only issues so many alligator permits per year and they do it on a lottery so it's hard to come by one. If you get one though, the permit pretty much pays for itself because you can sell your gators for top dollar. My late brother-in-law Paul and I used to talk about getting gator licenses. Paul put in for one several times, but never got one.

Well, we're going back tonight so maybe we'll catch some fish although I will admit I get frequently sidetracked by the idea of catching an alligator. It makes me want to poach! Hehe, just kidding.

-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter