Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I grew up dreamin' of bein' a cowboy...



Although at first glance this may look like some type of vain shrine to myself, it's more of a chronicle for my mother. By the way, the pony I had when I was little there in the pic was named Rebel :)

My Mom and I talked on the phone last night for probably two hours. We talked about life and the changes that have taken place in our family over the years. We also talked about my life and Mom's constant concern about when I'm going to settle down, get married, and all the usual things mothers want for their sons. I'll be thirty-two in August and well, I'm still trying to figure things out.

I got a nostalgic feeling, looking back over my life and started looking at some old pictures I had on my computer. It was then that I started to think about the person I have been all my life. As the great Willie Nelson once said, "Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old trucks..." Hmmm...the proof is in the pictures Mom.

I also did some research on the origins of the name Scott and found a really interesting description that pretty much breaks down who I am. It's almost weird.
Scott
Gender: Male
Meaning: Of Scottish Origin
Origin: English
The name Scott creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent. You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature. Patience is not your forte. You do, however, have a leadership ability that would never be happy in a subservient position. You are ambitious and aggressive by nature. You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others. You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas. You are very self-confident and feel you can accomplish anything you set out to do, and you can, although, this name does not allow proper completion of undertakings and forced changes cause financial losses and bitter experiences. This name also creates caustic expression and moods which prevent harmony and happiness in close association. When under strain, tension could affect the stomach and the solar plexus. There is a tendency for you to worry.

Wow, isn't that something. I'm not one for zodiac signs and stuff like that, but it looks like my name really fits me.

I may never settle down, I may always be chasing that impossible dream and of course I'm sure I'll always be the cowboy guy. One thing that is for sure is that as much as I remain different from the rest of the crowd, my mother reminded me that, "No matter what you do in life, I love you unconditionally." Thanks Mom, there isn't a person to ever grace my life as dear to me as you.

So yeah, I pick guitars and drive them old trucks, but now after so many years I have finally begun to realize that this is who I am, and when it's my time to take my final ride off into the sunset, I think I'll be okay with that.

-S

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Hey, yeah. You have to download two programs called picaso and hello. You can find them by clicking on your power blogger tab and it will give instructions on how to download and get it set up.It's really not too hard, it takes some trial and error getting it set up, but it's really easy once you get it going.

I think that's where I got the programs anyway.

-S

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott is one of the best people I've ever met. Like me, he was just born at the wrong time.

I also wish he would clean up a little more, but maybe that's the cowboy in him =)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter