Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Songs About Me, And Who I Am -Trace Adkins

Yeah, who I am. I'm this guy who is always wanting more out of life, but never really has a sensible plan for going about it.

Next month I'll turn thirty-two. I've never been married and I have no children. When I was younger I used to look at marriage as almost detestable. In my mind it was, you grow up, get married, have children, work a job you hate for years, then die. The thought of that just made me ill. I always felt there should be bigger better things for me on the horizon. Now I've begun to wonder what I've missed out on.

I've always tried to be a peacemaker. A peacemaker in quarrels and often just to set people's mind at ease. My niece who is a full-time wife and mom called me last night because she had gone with her husband and friends to see "The Devil's Rejects" and the movie had really upset her. She called me to make her feel better. I was taken back to when she was little and it made me feel good that she would still come to me for comfort. I've tried to be a peacemaker with my sister and her husband during their marital separation. That hasn't been easy.

I always try to treat people with great respect regardless of race, creed, or religion until they give me reason to do otherwise. I like black people. What I've never cared for is the self professed "Thug Life Niggas" that run around dealing drugs, shooting at people, and talking all the kill whitey crap, but love to get with white girls. On the same point, I have trouble with liking stupid white trash, jail bird types who keep reproducing and bringing up children that act the same way they do. There I said it. So what.

I've been really excited about the whole idea of moving to Tennessee. Cookeville Police Department is my main objective for employment, but I'll be happy as heck to get a job with any Police or Sheriff's office in that area. Joe is already working on getting me a horse. A Tennessee Walker at sixteen plus hands to be exact, my dream horse. That's one of the reasons I love the guy. He wants me in Tennessee so bad he is doing most of my leg work for me, hehe. His mom is buying twenty-one acres and she says I can keep the horse at their place.

As much as I want to go to Nashville at least on a weekly basis to push my music, I think I also want to find a nice Tennessee girl and settle down up there. Like most men, I really love women, but I've never been cool with the whole one night stand deals. I like to have at least strong feelings for a girl before I become intimate with her. It's so much more fun that way. Getting to know someone well then letting things build up. It's like getting a present you've wanted for a long time, hehe. I think I've reached a point in my life where I want to be in love again and belong to some special girl. There is nothing in the world like going places with a girl you're totally devoted to. Like having your girl riding right up next to you in your truck. Opening doors for her and buying her things just because you love her. It's a beautiful thing. Sounds like I'm a very different guy from my younger days when I thought being with someone was like being stuck. That was before I had been in love.

Well, Steve and the new puppy Buddy are getting along really well. Buddy is into everything and I forgot that about puppies when I got him. He also has a problem with not coming when I call him in from outside. I'm steady working on this one. When the dog ignores you when you call it's a touchy situation. You feel like beating his ass, but that can sometimes work in the opposite direction. If he thinks he'll get a beating, he'll never come to you. I guess I'm gonna have to get some treats.

That's about all I have for today. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I have to work, bleh.

-S

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now if I wanted to move to Tennessee, all Joe would do for me is offer to shave my back. Which coincidentally doesn't need it.

Let me know when you're off again, Horace. We need to get together.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter