Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Angry Cooter...

Well, it seems Ben Jones a.k.a. Cooter Davenport from the original Dukes of Hazzard t.v. series is speaking out against the new Dukes movie being released August 5th (yes, the same one I've been raving about). Jones made the statement "From all I've seen and heard, the "Dukes" movie is a sleazy insult to all of us who have cared about the "Dukes of Hazzard" for so long. Unless they clean it up before the August 5th release date, I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up. And whatever you do, don't take the youngsters to see it."

Well, that about sums up his opinion on it. I just have this to say. It is, as we all know 2005, not the 1978-1985. Times change and the original Hazzard cast is just not gonna cut it anymore. Man, I hate to sound so doggone mean about it, especially since I have been such a die-hard Dukes fan since I was a little kid. The thing is, and I'll be the first to admit it, the show was pretty darn stupid. Most people who like the show still all know this and appreciate the show for what it was and are able to overlook the dumbness of it. I'm sure the movie will be just as stupid, but I'll be there to see it. The changes in society since the 1985 will now require more depth to the stupidity of the movie. The movie is also set in current day so what do fans want to see? A hotter Daisy, wilder Bo and Luke, etc.. I dunno what else to say about it. Mr. Jones' opinion has not swayed my desire to see this movie, or buy it when it is released on DVD.

God bless ya Ben Jones, I respect your stand, but well, it's your opinion. "Crazy Cooter commin' at ya!"

On a different note. I submitted my first application to a company for law enforcement jobs in Iraq.

-S

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed when I was sitting in the theater waiting for "Fantastic 4" to start and they showed a preview of the new "Bad News Bears" movie.
We are a degrading society. There is a movie that, based on the previews, would never have made it to the screen in the 70's. Walter Mathau would probably be ashamed to see his work re-done in the way this movie has, and let's face it - this franchise is geared towards family viewing, and the last people that should see this film are kids.
Do yoursleves a favor - if you have kids and they want to see a baseball movie, show them "The Sandlot."

I'm no prude, and I'm all for pregression, but we've gotten into "pushing the envelope" in the past five years to an extent that is just not necessary. I personally blame the TV ratings system. I'll go into that later.

FYI I agree with "Cooter."

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, the reason these kids see and hear worse stuff on the playground every day is because they're influenced by the very media I'm making a point against.

Do you think kids randomly go around screaming about skidmarks and pussy farts because they naturally learn about them? Hell no. They learn about it from the media they watch and listen to. And yes, we can blame the parents for not supervising their children and yes that's a bigger problem. But there's nothing that says making a movie "Family Friendly" is in any way dumbing it down. People have forgotten how to write original, funny material, so instead we rely on horrid toilet and sexual humor.

Next, remember that the generation of kids that grew up on the original "Dukes" fondly remember it as a family-friendly show, but now THEY are the parents.
"Hey! Dukes Movie! That'd be great for the kids! OH GOD JESSICA SIMPSON'S TWAT!!!"

'Nuff said.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed to admit it, but the Dukes was a bit before my time.

A friend sent me the, "you've been in Iraq too long when..." list and I posted it.

Aloha, Alice

4:41 AM  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Stand down people. Stand down. It's just a weblog.

Wait, we get to see Jessica Simpson's..what?

-S

9:58 AM  
Blogger Adder said...

I agree with ya Ryan, but i don't care to argue to try and stop the whole degrading. Im content with just sitting back and watching humans destroy themselves, thereby making the universe a better place.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD I want to push this further but will back off out of respect for Scott's space.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter