Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Monday, July 11, 2005

The List...

Well, it seems popular for people to make these "about me" lists on their weblogs. So I thought what the hell, I'll jump on the band wagon. Here goes.

Name: Scott Allan MacMeeken the middle and last name I shared with my father and I am proud of that.

Height: 6'4

Weight: Forget about it

Favorite food: Well, they have this Grouper sandwich at Margarita Grill. That is certainly in the top anyway.

Cologne I most often have on: Hugo or Cool Water

Worst Fear: losing my mother

Best times in my life: Alot of the time I was with Jennifer.

Worst times in my life: When Dad died, and of course alot of the time I was with Jennifer, hehe just kidding.

Hobbies: Playing music, horses, guns, collecting DVD's, tattoos, trying to be normal.

Strange facts about me: I sleep with a pillow between my legs. I've done this since I was very young. I call my step-dad "Uncle Dad". I'm sure there are a crap load of other strange things about me, I just can't think of right now.

Flaws I hate about myself: Oh geez, there's a bunch. My weight, the length of my face, my inability to follow through with SO MANY things I start, I could go on.

Siblings: one brother, two sisters. I'm the baby!

Vehicles: 94' Pontiac Firebird, 98' Chevy Silverado

Most expensive footwear: I have a pair of Nocona Rattlesnake skin cowboy boots I paid $400.00 for. Needless to say I don't wear them all over the place.

Most expensive hat: Black Stetson "Tyler" cowboy hat. $260.00 just cause I wanted to be like Garth.

The ring tone of my cell phone plays: the theme from the Dukes of Hazzard.

Why I'm proud to be of Scottish decent: The Scots kick ass, nuff said.

Why I'm proud to be from the south: Southern pride and values have stayed the same for many many years. I love small town country people who will treat you like a member of the family, but if you cross them will also whip your ass for you.

Who I most admire: People like myself who have been kicked in the teeth by life so many times they can't count and still have the courage to come back and go another round.

Favorite Quotes: "Who the devil are you?" "Not the devil, Mr. Sardust, but like him, I can open up the gates of hell. I'm Mordecai Sackett. You ready to go?" -From Louis L'Amour's Ride The River.

"He might never really do what he said, but at least he had it in mind. He had somewhere to go." -Louis L'Amour

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour

And the last for my Dad who helped build my love for Louis L'Amour novels, "When I die, remember that which you knew of me is with you always. What is buried is only the shell of what was. Do not regret the shell, but remember the man. Remember the father." -Louis L'Amour.

Dog: Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler "Steve"

Well, that's about all I can think about for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya!

Wow, you're tall. Me - 5'9"
Sushi or salad. On a man - obsession. Fear of being disabled. Best times, flying into a sunset. Hobbies, horseback riding (English saddle), pistol shooting, aikido, fencing, scuba.

I got the same pillow.

Flaws - too competitive. too skinny.

2 older brothers.

2003 Saturn

Leather Enzo Angiolini boots at $350

Gave away my stetson. Boonie cap - $12

Winnie the Pooh ringtone

Scots do kick ass! My dad's a piper.

The South is still a place of manners and gentility, where right is right and wrong is wrong.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Oh, so that's what your address means. Silly me, I should have thought of that.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter