Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Shining through the music scene... Anne Davis



http://www.garageband.com/artist/annedavis

I'm seriously thinking of changing my entire blog into just a music review page. I dunno, I think I will at least do occasional reviews of amature, up and coming artists.

I first heard of Anne Davis when I was doing music reviews at garageband.com last year. Within just the first few lines of listening to her music I was hooked.

Anne Davis has a sound and over all style somewhere between Sheryl Crow and Jewel. The Jackson, Mississippi native writes and composes all her own material that she places into a "folk/alternative" genre. Her song "Where the Roads Cross" has made it to number four in the all time garageband charts and made it all the way to round four in the active music competition. This song has also been awarded garagband's Track of the day and Track of the week for the folk genre on two different occasions.

I am very proud that she gave me the honor of making my review of her song "Temple of Contradictions" one of her signature reviews.

I think we'll be hearing more from Anne Davis in the near future. Her CD entitled "Letters, Prayers, and Journal Entries" can be purchased through the garageband.com link (see top of page) for $15.00. A money well spent in my opinion. Check out her music.

-S

Link

1 Comments:

Blogger Adder said...

If u keep it up its just going to be a downward spiril. Trust me. It starts with drinking, then getting wasted every weekend, then a whole slew of different things once your in that crowd.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter