Diary of a Mad Mac

Things you wished you'd never read. Things your mother warned you about. Welcome to the world of an insane Scottish-American. Haggis anyone?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Abbeville, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Whaddaya Know...

Some woman I worked with up until recently is now incarcerated in the very jail she used to work in. I guess she had a part-time job selling crack cocaine. There has also been a warrant issued for another former officer for aiding in an attempt or conspiring to attempt a jail break.

I guess that's always good to put on your resume for prior job experience. "I was an extreme entrepreneur. I moonlighted as a crack dealer to ensure that my day job was secure." Or how about this guy, "Hurray for me. I went from Correctional Officer to fugitive over just a small matter of a thirty-thousand dollar pay off to help an inmate escape." Yep, that's it. From what I understand, the inmate he was helping rolled over on him and the cash amount discussed was only thirty-thousand. About enough money to get by on for maybe a year if you stretched it. What a tard.

Everyone at the jail is all buzzing about how could this happen, etc.. It's really not that big of a deal to me. In my twelve years of doing this line of work I've seen plenty of dirty officers go down. Some of them for really stupid infractions that they should have known better. A guy I considered to be a good friend of mine destroyed his career because he felt sorry for a convict who had to play basketball in his state issued work boots so he bought the guy some sneakers. I called him up and gave him the "What the hell were you thinking?" speach. I still like the guy though, he was a good person, just did something really dumb. I've seen plenty more serious things go down with officers though. Everything from sexual relations with inmates to bringing in drugs and this is not the first officer assisted escape attempt that I've seen go down. I guess what floors me is the monetary amount he was willing to do it for. It just makes me think, "Hell, offer him another thirty and he'll stand by and watch while you kill an officer you hate."

Anyway, these types of individuals are generally located and dealt with rather quickly. I suppose you could use this old cliche'. "You see one dirty officer, you've seen them all."

I like tea.

-S

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, couple of dingbats!

I guess wherever you work there will be goofballs. I was just reading about an airman in Japan, who robbed a passerby and a master sergeant killed in a standoff with police in Louisiana.

Alice

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter